AOL11 Minor ailments online: ear and eye conditions for the primary care practitioner
Get up to speed with common ear and eye conditions.. The course covers a wide range of presentations, focusing on evidence-based assessment and management along with safe practice.
Who should attend?
Allied health professionals
Course times are from 09:30am- 1:00pm. All course material, evaluations and certificates are provided.
|Course duration||Course CPD||Full price (incl VAT) per person|
|0.5 day(s)||4 hour(s)||£80|
|Dates||Block size||Block discount|
Dates / venues
|Location - venue||Dates||No. of people|
Aims / objectives
- Be able to take a focused history
- Have an awareness of common ear and eye conditions and their management
- Know when to refer for specialist management
- Overview of history taking
- Overview of basic anatomy and physiology
- Common ear and eye conditions and their management
- Red flag signs and symptoms
- Criteria for referral to specialist care
This course will be presented by Ann Sunderland RN, BSc(Hons), MMedSci, SFHEA. Ann worked clinically as a Nurse Practitioner in general practice before entering academia and focusing on post-registration clinical education. She now works as an independent consultant in clinical skills and simulation as well as lecturing at Sheffield Hallam and Huddersfield Universities.